With the current economic downturn taking place, why would a community spend the time and money to complete a comprehensive plan?
- What good could come out of a document that will just sit on a shelf and collect dust?
- Who wants to get involved in their community when free time seems to be harder to find?
- And why would someone want to get involved when it seems that nothing ever changes?
These are some misconceptions that Borough officials and residents of West Brownsville may hear as they undertake this important planning process. In reality, the comprehensive plan will become a guide – a unifying document – for Borough officials as they develop policies to influence change and support future land use decisions. It will enable community leaders to:
- Identify partnerships to provide essential services to their residents in a more effective and efficient manner
- Ensure that new development / redevelopment projects are directed to locations that can support them
- Show residents that their opinions matter through the development of a realistic vision and the prioritization of plan goals and strategies
- Adopt a zoning ordinance that reflects the vision of Borough residents
The Comprehensive Plan is now available for public comment. Please view downloadable documents below.
All comments must be submitted in writing prior to January 17, 2013 to Brandi Rosselli at Mackin Engineering Company, the project consultant, via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (412-787-3588) or mail (Mackin Engineering Company – Attention: Brandi Rosselli – RIDC Park West, 117 Industry Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15275).
West Brownsville Draft Comp Plan
- Overview of Comprehensive Plan Development
- Comment Form (PDF)
- Comment Form (Word .Doc)
- Comp Plan Acknoledgements
- Comp Plan Cover
- Comp Plan Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 – Introduction
- Chapter 2 – Community Overview
- Chapter 3 – Needs Assessment
- Chapter 4 – Recomendations
- Chapter 5 – Implementation Matrix
- Appendix A – Public Meetings
- Appendix B – References
- Existing Land Use Map
- Future Land Use Map
- Implementation Map