Federal Entitlement Programs
Washington County FY 2015-19 Five-Year Consolidated Plan
The Washington County FY 2015-19 Five-Year Consolidated Plan outlines priority needs, goals, and objectives for housing needs, non-housing community development needs, homeless needs, and non-homeless special needs. The Plan also outlines how Washington County will utilize Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds, Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) funds, and Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) funds over the next five year period.
The Consolidated Plan is guided by three overarching goals including:
- To provide decent housing by preserving the affordable housing stock, increasing the availability of affordable housing, reducing discriminatory barriers, increasing the supply of supportive housing for special needs households, and transitioning homeless persons and families into housing.
- To provide a suitable living environment through safer, more livable neighborhoods, greater integration of low and moderate income residents, increased housing opportunities, and reinvestment in deteriorating neighborhoods and communities.
- To expand economic opportunities through more jobs paying self-sufficient wages, homeownership opportunities, development activities that promote long-term community viability, and the empowerment of low and moderate income persons to achieve self-sufficiency.
PROPOSED WASHINGTON COUNTY
FY 2017 ANNUAL ACTION PLAN AND NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARINGS
The County of Washington (County) hereby gives notice that it has prepared its proposed FY 2017 Annual Action Plan (AP). The AP outlines how the County intends to expend $3,150,000 in federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program funds, $475,000 in Home Investment Partnerships (HOME) Program funds, and $285,588 in Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Program funds (Funding levels in the plan are estimates that will be adjusted when actual allocations are known). In addition to the funding sources noted above, the County anticipates the receipt of approximately $10,000 in CDBG program income. In accordance with the federal regulations at 24 CFR, Part 91, the County is required to prepare and submit an AP for its housing and community development programs. The County also proposes amend the FY 2015 Consolidated Plan (CP).
In order to obtain the views of citizens, public agencies, and other interested parties, the County has placed its FY 2017 AP and proposed FY 2015 CP amendments on public display online at www.racw.net and in the following locations during normal operational hours beginning on March 20, 2017 and ending April 19, 2017:
- Office of the Redevelopment Authority of the County of Washington, 100 West Beau Street, Suite 603, Washington, PA 15301
- Donora Municipal Building, 603 Meldon Avenue, Donora, PA 15033
- Canonsburg Municipal Building, 68 East Pike Street, Canonsburg, PA 15317
The FY 2017 AP and FY 2015 CP amendments will be available for public review for 30 days. Public comment on the AP and CP can be directed to Brenda Williamson at the Redevelopment Authority of the County of Washington, 100 West Beau Street, Suite 603, Washington, PA 15301.
The FY 2017 AP contains the following major components:
- Identification of federal and non-federal resources reasonably expected to be made available during the FY 2017 program year to undertake activities identified in the FY 2015-2019 Five-Year Consolidated Plan.
- A list of activities to be undertaken during the FY 2017 program year to address community development and housing needs, including the geographic distribution of activities to be completed.
- Identification of homeless and special needs activities to be undertaken during the 2017 program period to address identified needs within the County.
The County of Washington proposes to substantially amend the FY 2015 CP as follows:
- Add Sewer and Recreation Improvements as strategic goals.
- Donora Public Facility Improvements Project CD 15-09 – cancel project.
The County hereby gives notice that it will hold two public hearings on April 12, 2017, at the following locations:
DONORA: April 12, 2017 at 11:00 A.M.
Location: Council Chambers, Municipal Building
603 Meldon Avenue, Donora, Pennsylvania
WASHINGTON: April 12, 2017 at 5:00 P.M.
Location: Courthouse Square, Suite 603
100 West Beau Street, Washington, Pennsylvania
The public hearings will be held to obtain final comments on the proposed use of funds for FY 2017 and proposed FY 2015 CP amendments. Persons interested in the use of the above identified funding sources are encouraged to attend one of the public hearings and provide oral or written testimony. Persons with special needs should contact Brenda Williamson at the Redevelopment Authority of the County of Washington at (724) 228-6875 at least 48 hours prior to the public hearing with accommodation requests. Both public meeting rooms are fully accessible to persons with disabilities.
The County Commissioners are expected to act on the FY 2017 AP and FY 2015 CP amendments on or after May 5, 2017 at a regularly scheduled Commissioners meeting at 10:00 A.M. in Public Meeting Room 104, Courthouse Square Office Building, 100 West Beau Street, Washington. The final FY 2017 Plan will be submitted to HUD on or after May 15, 2017.
WASHINGTON COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Larry Maggi Diana Irey Vaughan Harlan G. Shober, Jr.