The Washington County Brownfield Assessment Program is one component of RACW’s comprehensive County-wide Brownfield Program. This new program will facilitate the redevelopment of brownfields through the utilization of a multi-attribute site selection tool that ranks brownfield properties according to each property’s potential to provide an excellent return on investment and contribute to the sustainable development of the County. The properties within the County that rank the highest will be assessed for environmental contamination that includes hazardous substances and/or petroleum products.
The Brownfield Assessment Program is funded by two U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Brownfield Assessment Grants and will accomplish the following tasks:
- Development of a community outreach program for residents, elected officials, community organizations and other stakeholders
- Update of the Authority’s existing brownfield inventory
- Development of a county-wide searchable database and geographic information system that links to the Authority’s Web site and to the Washington County government Web site
- Completion, by an environmental consultant, of approximately 20 to 30 Phase 1 environmental assessments and 10 to 20 limited Phase 2 assessments on brownfield properties within the county
- Preparation of “reuse strategies” for each property assessed
For more information, contact Susan L. Morgan, Brownfields and Municipal Planning Manager.
email@example.com Phone 724-228-6875 Ext. 24
Brownfield Assessment Program Guidelines
Brownfield Assessment Program Application